I am going to start planning how I want my show to look and what it will consist of. I have made some decisions based on my past live stream experiences. Firstly I will not be telling many stories - I will save those for a later time, mainly because my audience at the moment still isn't expecting it of me and I'd rather play more songs to get the music out there as I feel that is a more universal medium and more easily absorbed by viewers. I will still tell at least one story and I will most probably blabber on about some things too. Secondly, I've decided to stream on Facebook and YouTube rather than a zoom call. This is because having experienced zoom gigs before with lots of participants, I find it distracting as a viewer and as an admin, I'd have to mute people and it would feel too formal.
So I started with a napkin pitch that looked like this -
I then took this to my fiancee and we both applied the Disney Method of design thinking, here is what we came up with.
ARABY LIVE - #1 - the outsider.
- This sounds like a nice bit of escapism for an evening. If it looks good (like a tv show) then it would even feel like things are back to 'normal'.
- I hope it's funny, I good do with some light comedy in light of everything that is happening.
- Where will this be available?
- I hope I don't have to pay to gain entry, as it will be on the a digital screen, I don't feel like I'd want to pay in the same way I feel like I don't really pay for the TV shows.
- Will there be a way of interacting with Araby? Could I ask him questions about the music he is playing?
- I hope there is a clear and simple way for me to not only watch the show, but also to purchase the songs I am listening to.
- What will the show actually consist of? Is it just Araby singing some songs? Who TF is Araby anyways?
ARABY LIVE - #2 - the dreamer.
- "Wow, that was like watching top of the pops or Jools Holland or Singer songwriters at the BBC!"
- The multi camera angles and changing lights made it look so professional - plus it sounded so good!
- That guest performance by Damien Rice was amazing, he is clearly very VERY good friends with Araby.
- It took me back to feeling normal again. It was emotional and funny, I loved every song.
- It was great that it was streamed on UK television, now lots of people will know who araby is.
ARABY LIVE - #3 - The Realist.
- Local artist as a guest will be good. No one is expecting you to have a superstar guest.
- HD is certainly possible given the right equipment - is it available?
- Streaming live online is more than adequate - choosing the right platform(s) is crucial for traffic.
ARABY LIVE - #4 - The Critic.
- Who will watch? Nobody knows who Araby is or what they do.
- People definitely wouldn't pay.
- I've seen a million live streams - what makes this different from the others?
- I don't have access to YouTube or Facebook... now what?